Shopping List for Health Food Store
- Stash Brand Green Tea (pomegranate /raspberry and Mangosteen)
- Liquid Stevia Drops: Start with plain, apricot nectar, and vanilla crème. Add others to your liking.
- Multi- Vitamin and Mineral
- B complex (B-6 and B-12)
- na-pca moisturizer spray or Alba oil free (use instead of lotion)
- unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- Real Sea Salt (excellent flavor)
- Braggs liquid aminos (great for flavoring meats and veggies)
Shopping List at any Grocery Store
- Grapefruit (red)
- Lettuce (iceberg & romaine)
- Sweet onions
- Green onions
- Bag of spinach
- Tomatoes (cherry, roma etc.)
- Melba Toast (wheat & garlic)
- Salsa (no sugar added)
- Real Sea Salt
- Tony Chachere's seasoning or other spice blends
- Fresh chicken breast or tenders
- Jennie O turkey burgers
- 93% lean ground turkey, beef and chicken
- shrimp, lobster, crab
- tilapia ( or other white fish)
- lean steak
- lean roast
Sample Meal Plan
- Breakfast- coffee, tea, water
- Lunch- 100 grams of protein
- Snack- One allowable fruit
One melba toast
- Dinner- 100 grams of protein ( not the same kind you had for lunch)
One allowable vegetable
- Do take the recommended supplements to support your nutrient profile.
- Drink lots of water
- Do light exercise.
- Do not use lotion, oils or lubricants. This includes oil based cosmetics. - Stay away from these while on this program. Mineral oil (baby oil) may be used if needed. Lipsticks and powders are fine. Oil free foundation or mineral powder is a good substitute. Alba oil free lotion from your local health food store is a great alternative. Not abiding by this can stall weight loss for 1-3 days.
- Don't add any foods of any kind that are not on the food list.
- No Sugar! Read all your labels on seasonings and food. No sugar or starch.
- No gums or mints
- No diet drinks (diet sodas, diet/sugar-free powdered drinks)
- No butter, oil or dressing
- For emergency use only. Use only if it will keep you on the program or sane!
Popsicle Brand- 0 calorie, 0 fat, 0 sugar popsicles
Frozen Yogurt- 4 ounces only every 5-6 days (must give up one of your fruits that day).
Diet Soda or Coke Net Zero.
Sugar free jello
Plateau Breakers (if losing slows or plateaus)
- Increase water intake
- Try adding a glass or 2 of green tea to your day
- Don't eat 2 apples for the 2 fruits or cut down apple size
- Cut beef down or out
- Check all condiments for any form of sugar.
- If mixing vegetables, stop.
- If having trouble with constipation, try magnesium, Epson salt, or Smooth Move tea- most people find this very effective. Found in specialty section of grocery store or local health food store. It is not unusual to have a bowel only once every 3 -4 days while on this diet and that, provided plenty of fluids are taken, this never leads to any disturbance. If constipated or going longer than 4 days use a suppository or tea.
- Leave out one or both breadsticks/melba toast
- Stop eating out.
- No diet drinks or cheats
Time Saving Tips
- Pre-cook about 3-4 days worth of meats. Whether its using your George Forman grill, outside grill, or slow cooker it is a good idea to have food ready at all times. You never know if you might be in a hurry at meal time. I make a pot of soup and keep it in the fridge ready for a quick grab.
- Keep Iced Fruity Green Tea and/or Lemonade in fridge ready to satisfy a sweet craving.
For Vegetarians and the ASAP Program
- The ASAP Program can be modified to fit the vegetarian lifestyle. Some suggestions: cooked quinoa, ezekial bread (sprouted grain bread), wheat rice protein powder, pinto or black beans (whole and organic preferred), tofu, vegi burgers.
Sweeteners and Seasonings
- Stevia- Health professionals have been telling us for years that saccharin (sweet n low) sucrolose (splenda), and aspartame (nutrasweet and equal) are very toxic. Stevia is a natural sweetener and has been around for centuries. It has 0 calories. For more information visit www.stevia.com Use it in your recipes for dressings, teas, on top of fruit, etc. Stevia now comes in many flavors and is highly recommended by previous hCG diet participants. Stevia is very strong so start with 1 drop and go from there. Truvia is a great stevia product that is a safe sugar substitute without any aftertaste. Visit www.truvia.com.
- Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning does not have sugar in it and is quite good. It is a little spicy. Even spicier is "Chinese 5 Spice" seasoning, but is also a good option. McCormick brand has quite a few seasoning blends with no sugar or oils. NO MSG!
Eating OutEating out is sometimes necessary or unavoidable. This can be done sticking to the protocol. Here are some suggestions:
- McDonalds grilled chicken ceaser salad, take off all cheese and carrots and don't use dressing or croutons. Bring your own dressing or squeeze on lemon juice
- Pollo Loco/ Café Rio/ Costa Vida/ Rosa's (Mexican restaurants) get a salad with no cheese/no beans/ no rice. Chicken must be boneless and skinless. Use pico de gallo, hot sauce, or salsa for dressing
- Jack in the Box- grilled chicken tenders and ask for a side of tomatoes and lettuce.
- In-and-Out Burger- Hamburger protein style with lettuce, onion, tomato (no cheese, sauce or pickles)